Pet Boarding in Huntsville, AL
Looking for a safe and comfortable place for your furry friend to stay while you’re away? Look no further than South Huntsville Veterinary Hospital in Huntsville, Alabama. Our team, led by Dr. Clendinen, understands the importance of quality care and attention for your pet family members when you’re away.
What is Pet Boarding?
When you want to leave town and can’t bring your pet along, you can count on South Huntsville Veterinary Hospital to stand in your place until you are back. We think of pet boarding as a mini-vacation for your pet where they can stay comfortably overnight or for an extended period while you’re away. This Is why our pet boarding services provide a safe and comfortable environment for your pet. Here are some benefits of our pet boarding services:
- Professional and attentive staff who will provide personalized care for your pet
- Comfortable and clean accommodations that are spacious enough for your pet to move around and be comfortable.
- Regular feeding and playtime to keep your pet healthy and happy
- Optional bathing services to keep your pet looking and feeling their best
What Are The Requirements For Boarding Your Pets?
Our facility has certain requirements to ensure the safety and health of all animals. Here are the key requirements for boarding your pets:
- Vaccinations: Pets must be vaccinated, and the required vaccinations vary depending on the animal. Cats and dogs require different vaccinations before entering a boarding facility. For dogs, we require bordetella (kennel cough), rabies, Canine Influenza, and DHLPP (Parvo, lepto, & distemper), while cats require rabies and FVRCP (Feline Upper Respiratory) vaccines. It’s important to ensure that your pet is up-to-date on all required vaccinations before their stay. It’s highly recommended that pets receive all required vaccinations at least two weeks before boarding.
- Essentials: During boarding, pet owners should bring a few essentials such as feeding instructions, specific foods their pet requires, and any necessary medications. We will also need a name and phone number to contact the owner in case the pet develops major concerns.
What Services are Offered When Boarding Your Pet?
Our pet boarding options at South Huntsville Veterinary Hospital include the following:
- Overnight boarding involves giving your pet a temporary home for a short period that you will be away–whether for a day, a week, or a weekend.
- Long-term boarding is the perfect solution if you’re going away on a trip/traveling for an extended period.
- Day Boarding – if your dog or cat needs to be dropped off in the morning and picked up later that afternoon.
We are happy and committed to providing individualized pet care for every pet, no matter the length of their stay.
What are The Advantages of Pet Boarding?
We strive to provide the best possible experience for you and your pet. Some benefits of boarding your pet with us include the following:
- Proper Care: To avoid homesickness and anxiety, our experienced staff is dedicated to providing the highest level of care for your pet. We care for your pet’s needs, including regular feeding, exercise, and medication administration, to ensure they never feel like they are missing a thing.
- Individualized Attention: Every pet is unique and has its own needs and preferences, and we understand that. Whether dietary, care, or even potty, we will accommodate your pet, so it always feels loved and taken care of.
What Does The Long-Term Process For Pet Boarding Look Like?
Long-term pet boarding can provide peace of mind for pet owners, especially when traveling for an extended period. Here are the steps to expect when booking your pet for an extended stay:
- Contact our hospital or a reputable pet boarding facility well before your trip to book a long-term stay for your furry friend.
- Before bringing your pet to the facility, gather all the necessary items, such as any medications or specialized care items. Bringing familiar items from home, like toys or blankets, can also help ease your pet’s transition to its new environment.
- Ensure that your pet is up-to-date on all required vaccinations, which is mandatory to ensure their safety and the safety of other pets.
- When you bring your pet in, our experienced staff will take over and provide your pet with the best-individualized care.
- During your pet’s stay, please do not hesitate to check in at any point to get an update on how your pet is doing.
Schedule an Appointment with us Today.
The safety and health of your pet are our priority at South Huntsville Veterinary Hospital. Whether you’re leaving town for a short or long time, our pet boarding services can provide quality and personalized pet care in your absence. Contact us to book our pet boarding services in Huntsville, AL.